Industrial roller shutters
Industrial rolling shutters are designed for large openings, because of their strength and small packaging, they can be closed. The industrial electric drive allows for permanent and safe lifting of the door.
HEAVY DUTY INSULATING ROLLER SHUTTERS (NEW PROFILE)
PROFILE TYPE: The profile consist of two galvanized sheets 0,8 mm. Externally is coated with high-strength electrostatic paint, reinforced with polyethylene.
DESCRIPTION: The profile has an external and internal curved surface and special configurations (hinges) that facilitate the rotational movement of the roller shutter since they reduce the coefficient of friction and the noise. The sheets are completely sealed and form an outer ribbed surface of high aesthetics. During the operation of the roller shutter there is no scrape off the paint. Additionally the volume of coiling is the smallest compared to the roller shutters available in the market. The gap between the two sheets is filled with heavy duty cast polyurethane of 250 kg / m3 density.
MAXIMUM WIND PRESSURE
|Kp / m2||150||135||120||100||85|
|Thermal Diffusion Ratio:||7 K cal / mhc|
|Sound Insulation Ability:||18 dB|
INDUSTRIAL SHUTTERS FROM STEEL SHEET
MAXIMUM WIND PRESSURE :
|3||40 Kp / m2||32 Kp / m2||25 Kp / m2||16 Kp / m2|
|4||47 Kp / m2||39 Kp / m2||30 Kp / m2||19 Kp / m2|
|5||56 Kp / m2||44 Kp / m2||36 Kp / m2||22 Kp / m2|
|6||68 Kp / m2||47 Kp / m2||39 Kp / m2||26 Kp / m2|
MATERIAL: Hot-dipped galvanized sheet steel St 37 with the possibility of external electrostatic polyester paint. Sheet metal thickness 0.6 mm, 0.7 mm, 0.8 mm, 1.0 mm respectively.
SHAPE: external appearance of high aesthetics with sufficient strength to external stresses that might deform the surface of the material. The bottom of the roller shutter bears aluminium driver in which a three-point rubber with lugs is placed, for good fitting during the contact with the floor. There is a possibility of mounting small-scale windows 7cm x 12cm in any form. The material of windows is transparent uncrushable polycarboxylate of high strength.
SYMBOLS: AN07 , AN08 , AN10
Lifting of the shutter – motion
The roll is coiled in perforated metal tube with a diameter depending on its weight and dimensions. The metallic tube henceforce will be called shaft of the shutter. At the ends of the shaft, with the help of two metal discs, torsion beams St 75 are concentric and internally welded, hereinafter referred as axle shafts of the roller shutter, with diameters depending on the size of the roller shutter.
The roller shutter is based on special pillow blocks screwed at the side hoods of the sheet, which are protective hoods of the roller shutter; so that the pillow blocks are within the shaft and the axle shafts passes through the hoods via special holes.
This way of support outclasses others because it excludes the fall of the shutter in all cases: namely displacement of the shaft, fracture of the axle shaft or fracture of the pillow block. Since the displacement of the axis is impossible, we have superior and more stable operation.
The protective outer hoods of the shutter offer:
- Together with the welded reinforcements which they have, they offer excellent support base with allowable oscillation completely harmless for the rigidness of the device and useful to absorb vibration.
- Serve as guides for the proper coiling of the roller shutter and prevent damage of the safety plastic plugs that the roller shutter bears at the edges. That is because the roller shutter during the coiling can not be moved out of the drivers.
- Separate the roller shutter from the chain sprocket and the chain hoist which transmits the motion and furthermore from the centrifugal accelerator, thus protecting not only the roller shutter but the rest of components as well.
The transmission is done with: a heavy duty chain sprocket and chain pulleys with transmission ratio 1/3. The motion is supplied by three-phase motor with irreversible reducer, which has integrated interrupters for the stopping of the roller shutter at the terminal positions and manually operated system with a starting handle or chain hoist..
The control of the motor is done:
From the electrical board with the use of a control system for monitoring asymmetry and succession phases. The control is done with button or key-switcher and there is possibility to easily connect in the board a remote receiver and photocells. The control buttons operate with low voltage 24 V for safety of personnel.
Protection by the accelerator
The shaft of the roller shutter is based on two pillow blocks along with the axle shafts. The motion of the shaft is applied on the one axle shaft as we have already described above. The other axle shaft is based on a special pillow block, called centrifugal accelerator. It is also oscillated because it is based on the respective protective cheek with three flexible joints. The device is activated when the angular acceleration of the shaft exceeds the permissible limit, without allowing it to develop large angular momentum during the descent of the roller shutter.
So we have protection in the fall, because apart from the early halt of the roller shutter during the descent, we also have power interruption of any electrical operation in the roller shutter.
The possible causes of the sudden drop of the shutter are:
- fracture of the sprocket
- fracture of the reducer
- internal fracture of cogs or gears of the reducer
- fracture of the base of the reducer or the axle shaft.
Advantages of the transmission with sprocket in regard to the direct transmission:
- We have space economy because the loss of space is only 6 cm on either sides of the opening of the shutter.
- We have protection of the reducer from high torque.
- We have damping of vibration on the bearings of the reducer.
- The increase of lifetime of the device is much more than the existing decrease with a triple ratio. It outcomes more than five times the lifetime of the available devices.
- We use materials suitable for industry
- The only disadvantage is the higher cost.
Drivers of the roller shutter
The driver of the roller shutter consists of the support beam-hollow-beam- and the driver of the roller shutter-channel- manufactured from formed sheet steel 2,5 mm welded with specific nerves at certain distances. In the same device the support base of the roller shutter is welded, making it self-supported, which is an important advantage in terms of security and makes the installation easy and quick.
At the edge of the driver there are aluminium rims with double brushes giving to the driver the following advantages:
- Better insulation of the roller shutter to the driver.
- Less noise during the movement. .
- High aesthetics throughout the device.
- The air encaged at the fibres of the brush, operates as a lubricant and the roller shutter operates with less friction and without wearing away the paint.
Advantages of the New Generation Industrial Roller Shutters
- We have a rigid construction.
- We have self-supported construction in our columns which guarantees quick and easy installation.
- We have reduced the loss of space in either side of the roller shutter offering high aesthetics.
- We have good insulation and safe operation of the construction.
- Is it possible to dismantle the construction and transport it in another area with very little process and low cost without damaging the device. .
The roller shutters are suitable:
- For the industry, for continuous use where high standards and strength are required, and also for the coverage of large exposures.
- For military installations.
Description of manual operation
In this brief technical description, we describe the manually operation with the handle and the chain hoist system.
Further information is as follows:
In the case of power supply interruption or possible electrical troubleshooting of the board or the motor, put quite simply the handle to the special axis and rotate either left or right if you want to move up or down the door. If there is power supply in the device, by placing the handle the indicator light turns off, leading to stop any electrical activity in the control panel for security reasons. With minimal rotation the handle automatically attaches to the holder and stands without annoying the operator with its weight. The disengagement of the motor and the position in manual operation is completely automatic and does not require any special mechanism. At any location if we want to stop the roller shutter we simply stop the manual operation and it simple stays at this position. Then rotate the handle slightly at the opposite direction, so is releases and remove it from the holder. The indicator light illuminates, if there is any electrical power supply and turns on any electrical operation controlled by the central board. The roller shutter is ready to operate electrically again.
The manual operation device is specially designed for military installations, for the following reasons: :
- It ensures ergonomic and comfort use. .
- Very high torque transfer without stressing the device thus offering unlimited lifetime.
- In contrast to the permanent devices e.g. chains, where the burglar may enter the area and operate manually the device, if he uses the chains that are permanently installed, this device is controllable since the handles are stored by the operators.
- The clevis of the handle is not available on the market and it is very difficult to obtain any. But it is very cheap tool when we supply it.
Manually operation with chain
It this method the roller shutter is moving much more quickly. The manual operation is achieved through a worm chain that rotates a system of pulleys-chain hoist. This system is operating automatically when you pull the chain and moves the roller shutter but at the same time every electrical activity is stopped. The system automatically reverts to electric mode when we simply let the chain and the indicator is lighted. Maximum capacity of elevation 5 tones. The only disadvantage of this manually mode, is that there is access by anyone to open the roller shutter without any control.